We’re growing! We Are Rosie is hiring a Head of Business Operations.
- Compensation: $100K – $120K base salary (based on experience) and performance-based bonus
- Cool perks! A yearly stipend for professional and personal development, 25 PTO days per year, and an opportunity to join a truly incredible team at a company that is building the future of marketing.
- This position can work from anywhere in the US and will report directly to our COO.
We Are Rosie (the “Company”) is building the future of marketing with a thriving community of thousands of independent marketing experts. We Are Rosie is dedicated to creating a better way to work for everyone. The company launched in 2018 with the mission to support extraordinary independent marketers, while providing a way of work that treats everyone with dignity and access to opportunity. Our community of 10,000+ “Rosies” makes it possible for forward-thinking brands and ad agencies to leverage flexible talent and embrace remote/flexible work as inclusion. We are working every day to thoughtfully disrupt the agency, consulting, and staffing models of marketing services.
Despite only being four years old, We Are Rosie currently works with 20+ Fortune 500 brands, the big six holding agency companies, and indy agencies. The Company is growing in excess of 100% / year and has been featured in Business Insider, Campaign US, and AdWeek. In addition, our founder has been awarded Visionary/Founder of the Year (2020) by AdAge, and was named in AdWeek’s 2020 Creative 100 List. We Are Rosie finished near the top of Adweek’s latest Fastest Growing Agencies list in 2021, with more than 500% growth over the last four years, and was named as one of the top 15 platforms to watch in 2022.
We Are Rosie recently partnered with Align Capital Partners (“ACP”) to accelerate growth. To use our Founder’s words “We’ve reached the point where it would be a disservice to We Are Rosie’s mission and vision to throttle our growth by staying bootstrapped. This partnership provides us access to ACP’s growth resources and the capital to support our clients with better infrastructure so that we can accelerate our goals of creating access, opportunity, and wealth for independent marketers, especially those who’ve historically been marginalized by the industry.”
As our Head of Business Operations, you are an analytical, data-driven, and process-oriented leader. You enjoy digging into the data, managing complex projects, designing policies, and excel at problem-solving. You’ll bring proven business judgment and the ability to help develop, communicate, and execute a clear plan with accountability for a high-growth business. You are a compliance guru and committed to productivity. Ultimately, you’ll help to ensure our operations run smoothly and that people are productive.
The Head of Business Operations leads a small team of operations professionals with a focus on implementing the strategic vision from the executive team, optimizing operations, and identifying efficiencies.
- Work cross-functionally to structure problems, analyze opportunities, and develop solutions and actionable recommendations through a rigorous, data-driven process
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary
- Evaluate risk and lead quality assurance efforts
- Oversee expenses and budgeting to help the organization optimize costs and benefits
- Report on operational performance and suggest improvements
- Establish quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identify opportunities for improvement.
- Review, analyze, and update business procedures
- Lead coordination and integration of efforts among teams to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with all team leads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
- Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed (manage and apply for Trademarks, patents, company registrations)
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the WRR mission and energized by the challenges and opportunities presented by rapid growth. They will be business-focused, proactive, fun, hard-working, detail-oriented, and creative leader with excellent judgment, self-awareness, and the ability to provide clear, balanced perspectives and insights on key Company issues.
- Proven experience as Head of Operations, Operations Director, or similar leadership role, preferably in a high growth service-centered organization
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Ability to streamline and implement new processes that create speed, efficiency to support rapidly shifting business demands
- Experience with budget and business plan development
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software (e.g., SAP, ERP, CRM)
- A creative problem solver with remote work communication skills
- A relentless desire to change the world for the better
- A willingness and ability to roll up their sleeves and be a do-er across the function
- A person aligned with We are Rosie core values:
- We are in the business of entrepreneurship
- We use common sense
- We pursue growth
- We are inclusive
- We speak plainly
- We trust you
- We really care
What’s the Interview Process?
The interview process for candidates will involve meeting with core team members via video conference. We like to ask behavioral and situational questions that are aligned with the job requirements and our core values. The team will give you a look at the ideal day and what success looks like for the role. PS: We love questions!
We Are Rosie focuses on our 4P’s for human vetting methodology to validate candidates and assess soft skills. We believe that a combination of these factors makes a successful Rosie team member.
- Pedigree: Your work history and experience
- Potential: Your strengths, tendencies, and acquired skills
- Passion: The work you love the most
- Play: When, where, and how you like to work
More about We Are Rosie!
We Are Rosie is a flexible talent marketplace for the advertising and marketing world. A thriving community of 10,000+ independent marketers, it helps companies like Bumble, Meta, IBM, Microsoft, and more leverage curated, on-demand teams and flexible marketing talent — while offering weekly pay and benefits. For more information, visit wearerosie.com.
More about Align Capital Partners!
Align Capital Partners is a growth-oriented private equity firm that partners with business owners and management teams to create shared success. ACP makes investments in differentiated companies that operate within the business services, technology, specialty manufacturing, and distribution sectors. ACP manages $775 million in committed capital with investment teams in Cleveland and Dallas. For more information, visit aligncp.com.
We Are Rosie is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.