We’re growing! We Are Rosie is hiring a Data Engineer!
- Salary: $82,500 base plus opportunity for bonus.
- Cool perks! A yearly stipend for professional and personal development, 25 PTO days per year, and an opportunity to join a truly incredible team at a company that is building the future of marketing.
- This is a full-time position that can work from anywhere in the US and will report directly to the Head of Data Strategy.
We Are Rosie (the “Company”) is building the future of marketing with a thriving community of thousands of independent marketing experts. We Are Rosie is dedicated to creating a better way to work for everyone. The company launched in 2018 with the mission to support extraordinary independent marketers, while providing a way of work that treats everyone with dignity and access to opportunity. Our community of 15,000+ “Rosies” makes it possible for forward-thinking brands and ad agencies to leverage flexible talent and embrace remote/flexible work as inclusion. We are working every day to thoughtfully disrupt the agency, consulting, and staffing models of marketing services.
Despite only being four years old, We Are Rosie currently works with 20+ Fortune 500 brands, the big six agency holding companies, and indy agencies. The Company is growing in excess of 100% year over year and has been featured in Business Insider, Campaign US, and AdWeek. In addition, our founder has been awarded Visionary/Founder of the Year (2020) by AdAge, and was named in AdWeek’s 2020 Creative 100 List. We Are Rosie finished near the top of Adweek’s latest Fastest Growing Agencies list in 2021, with more than 500% growth over the last four years, and was named as one of the top 15 platforms to watch in 2022.
Our Data Strategy team is a capability-driven organization that connects an end-to-end view of data & analytics across We Are Rosie. We deliver consistent, trusted, and available data products, integration, and analytics capabilities that drive informed and efficient decisions fueling growth and innovation. You will be part of an organization focusing on the development and delivery of data solutions and capabilities driving We Are Rosie’s data platforms.
As a Data Engineer, your main goal is to be one step ahead of data scientists and analysts. You will support them by providing infrastructure and tools they can use to deliver end-to-end solutions to business problems that can be developed rapidly and maintained easily. This is more than building and maintaining ETL pipelines.
- Partner with the broader technology team to develop, maintain, and enhance databases to support analytics projects.
- Build ETLs, data pipelines, API’s and automate data preparation jobs for analysis and modeling projects.
- Modify and improve data engineering processes to handle ever larger, more complex, and more types of data sources and pipelines.
- Collaborate with business teams to scope, define, and deliver on requirements
- Provide design expertise with Master Data Management, Data Quality and Meta Data Management.
- Identify, implement and continuously enhance the data automation process.
- Collaborate with external vendors to support data acquisition.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance data tooling to enable data integration and availability.
- Lead resolution of end to end data issues, data design issues and end to end data test issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field of study, or any combination of relevant equivalent experience, education and training.
- 3+ years of hands-on SQL coding including tuning and query optimization, especially within cloud-based data warehouses such as Google Cloud Big Query. Other database environments (e.g. MS Azure, Amazon Redshift, MongoDB, Snowflake) are nice to have.
- 3+ years experience with database design/structures, ETL/ELT design patterns, and DataMart structures (star, snowflake schemas, etc.).
- 3+ years of data warehouse and/or data engineering experience.
- Hands-on knowledge of working with unstructured and structured data in different formats (Flatfile, JSON, XML, Parquet, etc).
- Familiarity with Talend or other MDM products.
- Ability to work with stakeholders, to understand detailed requirements and then design DW tables and load processes that support that vision.
- Be passionate about resolving data quality and data delivery pain points through great design.
- Familiarity with pipeline and application deployment to various compute approaches including serverless, container orchestration, and cloud-based virtual machines.
- Experience discovering and defining functional requirements and transforming them into technical requirements and solution definition.
- You align with our core values.
- Experience with the Google Cloud Platform highly preferred (Google Big Query, Google Data Fusion, etc.).
The Interview Process
The interview process for candidates will involve meeting with core team members via video conference. We like to ask behavioral and situational questions that are aligned with the job requirements and our core values. The team will give you a look at the ideal day and what success looks like for the role. PS: We love questions!
We Are Rosie focuses on our 4P’s for human vetting methodology to validate candidates and assess soft skills. We believe that a combination of these factors makes a successful Rosie team member.
- Pedigree: Your work history and experience
- Potential: Your strengths, tendencies, and acquired skills
- Passion: The work you love the most
- Play: When, where, and how you like to work
More about We Are Rosie!
We Are Rosie is a flexible talent marketplace for the advertising and marketing world. A thriving community of 15,000+ independent marketers, it helps companies like Bumble, Meta, IBM, Microsoft, and more leverage curated, on-demand teams and flexible marketing talent — while offering weekly pay and benefits. For more information, visit wearerosie.com.
We Are Rosie is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.